Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Everyone's Looking For a Leave

I really don't have anything interesting to post about, but I'll ramble for anyone who reads this. I'm still not completely recovered from whatever's been ailing me, and school's been going okay, (um, why does my computer say I'm spelling 'okay' wrong? odd...). Study/American Perspectives/Speech are the highlights of my day. So far in speech, I have given two 'speeches.' They're quick and painless, but I can still dread it all day, right? Another one tomorrow! On Monday the fire alarms went off in the middle of morning announcements. It obviously wasn't a drill, since it cut the announcement-reader off and all the teachers in the gym looked around like, "should we be evacuating?" But it's okay if we all burn. We're burning in hell, right? (Haha, look who got witty.) So we got outside, and lucky for the school it was nice out Monday. I won't be suing. So I was standing in the mass of people - not oblivious to the fact that our ad-room had split up, so if Mrs. Nyhaug was making sure we were all alive, tough luck for her - when I thought "hey, I wonder if my sweater guy is out here..." So I turn around and BOOM. There he is, standing oh-so-conveniently between two trucks in his sweater. A wonderful gift for a Monday. Then Alissa attacked me. All was well, and we went back inside. Turns out the construction workers had lit another fire. For like the twentieth time. I could've stood out there longer myself, I really didn't want to go to Algebra. That's about it. I continue to sit with the posse, and felt very standing-out-ish today in my bright yellow sweatshirt. More later.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: The Jetset Life Is Gonna to Kill You - My Chemical Romance
P.S. Of Mice and Men is a very depressing book. I've been down all day since I finished it.

No comments: