Thursday, January 15, 2009

Until Her Feet Don't Touch The Ground

I'm feeling quite buoyant today. This afternoon, I guess. The mornings and school are always a drag...and unavoidable, unfortunately. It seems odd to be attending school when frostbite can set in to 10 minutes. AND, I saw on the news today that Aberdeen was at -57 degrees today with the wind chill. Doesn't that suck? I'm sure they didn't have school there. The rest of the world didn't either, other than my school district. Figures. Oh well, only one more day to stumble through than we are all free for three days. Happy Martin Luther King Day!


To be honest with you, blogging community, the whole Martin Luther King Jr. story really makes me sad. We've been studying about it and other things related to the whole equal rights/peace movement in English as of late. It's never really struck me so hard before, but it does now. I saw a Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial commercial yesterday and I got teary-eyed. How could people have been so cruel? It just baffles me. It just seems so bizarre now that people would actually be so hateful to another human being just because their skin was a different color. We all bleed the same color, and it obviously took some people many more killings and deaths of innocent black people to finally see that. I'm just glad things like what happened during King's time doesn't happen as often anymore. It seems awful that stuff like that still happens in places in this modern time, doesn't it? I'm not very good at these talking about my opinion things, but I hope that might spark some thought in some of you, or at least help you understand my complete disgust over everything.

Peace.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: Ocean And Atlantic - Mayday Parade

No comments: