Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm Almost Interestingt

Just ask Kaitlyn. I have the insane urge to blog, but no sense of humor or stories. Really, just ask Kait. I finished typing up my speech after 4 hours while my parents marked our rummage (what kind of word is that, rummage? Maybe that's why people call them Lawn or Garage sales...) sale stuff. Crap, really. Why else would someone sell something they bought themselves once unless its crap? I don't know. But typing for 4 hours is no fun, especially when you don't know the difference between effect and affect. Someone can feel free to inform me, because I still don't know.

Anyway, today while perusing the internet I came across another person's blog, and they did this cool thing, so I'm going to do it for you all here. So, person on internet who's done this before, thanks for the idea.

15 SONGS FROM MY ITUNES LIBRARY, AND WHY THEY DESERVE TO BE THERE.
NOTE: I randomly played my library on shuffle. There is no order to this.

#1. Call Back When I'm Honest, by The Almost from Southern Weather
You've all seen, or read, rather, about my love for UnderOATH. Well, what you don't know is that Aaron Gillespie's side project was on my iTunes library before UnderOATH. Alissa game me the band through the video for Say This Sooner, and I really love the band now. All the songs are different, and have great lyrics. Call Back When I'm Honest is not one that I listen to the most often, but deserved to be on my library along with ever other song from Southern Weather.


#2. Tell Them That She's Not Scared, by Envy On the Coast from Lucy Gray
Giving credit where credit is due, this one is all me. And I've ever so graciously passed the love onto all of my friends and now you who are reading this (unless you're a friend who's already got the love, then you're welcome). This song was written by the lead singer of Envy On the Coast for his mother during her battle with breast cancer. Upon learning this, I thought of it as more than a good song. Call me sappy, but it is a great song, and you should all get it, or listen to it again and think a little more about the lyrics. Also great acoustic.

#3. Remembering Sunday, by All Time Low from So Wrong, It's Right
I can't even explain with words how much I love this song. It's amazing all around, upside down, good mood or bad mood. It deserves a number one spot on my iTunes. The guest vocalist in the song, Juliet Simms of The Automatic Loveletter, fits the song perfectly as the opposite character/voice of Alex Gaskarth. It's a powerful song with amazing lyrics that you could interpret to bring you out of whatever situation you happen to find yourself in. Amazingly beautiful...

#4. Thank You Ending, by Number One Gun from The North Pole Project
Who said a Christian band couldn't say 'hell'? It's in the Bible, so why do people care? I don't. This song, as you all know if you've been here before, has been a Favorite Song of the Week, and I still love it. It's a favorite song EVERY week. I love the lyrics, and it's fun to sing to. Number One Gun is a one-man band, and Jeff Schneeweis does an amazing job. Go make your music selection better with Number One Gun!

#5. A Beautiful Lie, by 30 Seconds to Mars from A Beautiful Lie
What 30 Seconds to Mars song doesn't deserve to be on anyone's library? I gotta say, A Beautiful Lie was never my fave off the record, but I've really warmed up to it as of late (a.k.a. after the video came out), and you should all go buy the album now, if you don't already have it as a valued part of your own collection.

#6. You're Not Alone, by Saosin from Saosin
After I discovered the magic of the iTunes store, this song was the third thing I bought after A Beautiful Lie and 30 Seconds to Mars. Saosin was basically my gateway drug to better music. Soon after I got the rest of the album, but nothing could compare to You're Not Alone. Again, great lyrics, and I really love to sing this song. And, mind you, I don't really do that much do to my lack of a good singing voice. I was so obsessed with this song... it's painful to look back on it. I almost renamed my cat Saosin for God's sake...

#7. Cobrastyle, by The Teddybears from Soft Machine
Umm... not really sure why this is on my iTunes library. They don't even speak English most of the song. It lightens the mood, it deserves a spot I guess. Maybe. No.

#8. Behind the Sea, by Panic At the Disco from Pretty. Odd.
I'm kind of trying to pick meaningful, old songs that have been on my iTunes library since forever, but a month is long enough, right? I can't even skip this song, so it'll just have to be on my list. One of my favorites from the new album, and not just because Ryan Ross sings it. Maybe mostly because Ryan Ross sings it, but it's a great song too. Very catchy with rhythmic clapping and lyrics that don't make any sense. "Waves of wooden legs." Not a highlight lyric from the album, but you've gotta love it.

#9. Stitches, by Haste the Day from Pressure the Hinges
This song is very powerful to me. The lyrics are amazing, and the video is very good. I suggest you all go watch it right now. I'm not quite sure what the metaphorical 'strings' are that put the stitches in your not so metaphorical mouth, so feel free to enlighten me. But I do know what the five words 'you're worth more than this' mean, and it this song definitely deserves a spot on my iTunes library.

#10. So Much Love, by The Rocket Summer from Do You Feel
Oh my, where do I start? Well, I really wish I would've discovered The Rocket Summer before The Academy Is... concert where they played. But, you win some you lose some. Another one-man band, Bryce Avery is an amazing guy. A great piano player. A great everything player, I suppose. His sunny personality brightens my day whenever I see him (pictures or whatever, not in person... I wish...), or hear his music, and his lyrics are so happy, so optimistic, they make me never want to look down on the world again.

#11. Sleep, Everyone..., by Powerspace from The Kicks of Passion
*Sigh* I remember almost crying when I first heard this song, it amazed me so much. I love it to death, I don't even have the words to go on about it.

#12. Secret, Secret by Nihilio from The Battle Has Begun - EP
Nihilio is a great thing. Lissa and Kait can second that motion. This is definitely one of my favorite songs from the EP. The band is so fun to be around, and they're amazing live. They write great music, both lyrically and...musically? I'm so glad I got to go to that concert, my collection would seem so empty without the 6 pieces of greatness that are Nihilio. "I'll confess my sin so I AM FREE!"

#13. Mama by My Chemical Romance from The Black Parade
I bet if you went up to any person under the age of 20 and asked them why they loved or hated MCR, they could list many many answers. Yes, the band members are great looking, and yes they're right up there on the charts and all that, but they make great music. The Black Parade is a stunning album, and it the stories behind it and IN it amaze me. Mama is only one slice of the masterpiece. Very Italian market with foul language, all of The Black Parade and every other My Chemical Romance song deserve a place on my iTunes library.

#14. The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves from We Don't Need to Whisper
I hear the beginning of this song on a commercial on occasion, and I always go running out into the room where the TV happens to be on. You know how Saosin was my gateway drug to better music? Well, I changed my mind. AVA was there before Saosin. And that's a while back, I'll tell you my friends. Sure, all their albums sound the same, and who cares if Tom DeLonge thinks he's the coolest thing since Scotch tape? Ya really gotta love 'em.

#15. (*Fin) by Anberlin from Cities
I really can't think of a better song to end this pointless waste of a blog post. This is my most favorite, most precious, most meaningful song of my entire 820 song library. Not that that is much, I'm glad it came up, because I really want to talk about it. As a lot of you probably know, Stephen Christian was my hero for our second quarter English project, and now I've realize that he really kinda is. He's a great guy, with an amazing vision for the world, etc. He writes meaningful Christian music, and this is a great example. It's a song that really makes me want to reflect, and be more religious and everything. It's the perfect end to an amazing album, and everyone should be inspired the way I am by this song.


Well there ya have it. Sure it's cheesy. But it took up a good 2 hours, so now I can go to bed without the urge to blog.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: (*Fin) - Anberlin
P.S. There's too many tags for that many things in this post, so deal. It's a maximum of 200 characters if you don't know...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the "kaitlyn is amazing because..." part. That's ok though, it's still pretty spiffy without.

Melanie said...

the title is one of your quotes from our conversation...incorrect spelling and all.

Anonymous said...

i noticed : )

.m..a..d..d..y. said...

nononono!

i had envy on the coast when their ep came out

i win!

Melanie said...

well, maddy, you fall under that "love not given by me" category. i knew there had to be someone out there...

.m..a..d..d..y. said...

hahaa


alright.

i really do love that song though. i woke up and it was playing and i just laid there and listened to it