Saturday, April 19, 2008

...So He Picked Up the Cow and Flipped It Over

Lots of excitement this week/weekend. My ears are shot, I'm exhausted and have a ton 'o homework. Not really, but I do need to finish my speech, find an Oral Interp. piece. Maybe get started on that stupid catapault thing. So really, more homework than I want.

But back to the excitement, 'cause there's really nothing more lacking in excitement than homework... On Thursday night, Maddy, Alissa and I trooped down to the local college to see a concert of the LifeLight kind. Bands included were: Bread of Stone, Remedy Drive, and Building 429. If you enjoy any of those, you were probably there...or went/are going to one of the other dates. It was great, though. I made a new "friend" with the drummer of Bread of Stone, but I won't go into the details here. Remedy Drive was amazing (we went there to see them), and Building 429 made Alissa want to have a child. Ask if you want, it's not as bad as it sounds. We left the concert with tons of merch (all Remedy Drive too, they don't lack in merch...), pictures with band members, and posters signed. All around, Thursday was a highlight of my week.

Last night, me and my dad went to the Blue Man Group at the arena. They were very...blue. And entergetic, exciting, fun. If that's not an oxymoron... The Blue Men and band were great. The music was amazing, and they played Baba O'Reilly. I was going to be disappointed if they didn't, but they didn't let me down. I can't even explain how fun and funny it was, so just go see a Blue Man Group show. Scroll down for pictures...

The Blue Men
The Blue Men and Band
Alissa, Paul (Remedy Drive Guitarist), Me
Remedy Drive Bassist, Philip

I've got like, two folders of pictures from the concerts, but I'm not gonna post them. I'll think you'll all live. I've been lacking in Favorite Songs of the Weeks. I'll post one for this week, and we can all say that I've posted one every week.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: The Feel Good Drag - Anberlin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOO FIRST COMMENT

gkkevp.

.m..a..d..d..y. said...

OMFG! paul! haha

THEIR DRUMMER WAS SO GREAT! lol, he loves you!

it's not our fault his pants were falling down!

Melanie said...

no joke.