Sunday, October 5, 2008

"Pull those traveling pants out of your bottom drawer and come join the sisterhood."

I need to have a pack stain remover pens on my person at all times.

Last night, Jordynn and I went and saw Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street the musical at the Washington Pavilion, and it was there that I had a little incident during intermission...Red wine is awfully...red... So there was this guy who had a full glass of red wine in his hand, and for whatever reason I wasn't looking where I was walking and ran straight into him. Nonetheless, I'm glad I wear more black than I should. This guy certainly wasn't as emo as I though, for his nice WHITE button-up shirt lost the battle with the red wine. He was NOT happy. He didn't use his indoor voice... Oh well, there were a lot of richie-riches at this shindig, so he can just go buy a new $95 shirt and $15 glass of wine and get over himself. I still feel bad though, I was just waiting for him to come rampaging through the Great Hall, mass-murdering his way to get to me. My paranoia was not helped by the fact that we were at SWEENEY TODD. Which was great, by the
way.

In non-Melanie-accident-related news, and in the light of another musical, Forgive Durden continues to blow my mind. They (or I should say Thomas Dutton, since everyone else walked out of the band), have a new album (but it's not really an album at all), coming out at the end of this month. It's called Razia's Shadow: A Musical. Several singers from other bands play characters in the plot:
  • O The Scientist - Casey Crescenzo (The Dear Hunter)
  • Bawaba Brothers - John Baldwin Gourley (Portugal. The Man), Kris Anaya (An Angle)
  • Narrator - Aaron Weiss (mewithoutYou)
  • Gargul The Oracle - Danny Stevens (The Audition)
  • Toba the Tura - Chris Conley (Saves The Day)
  • Sangara - Daniel Young (This Providence)
  • Barayas The Spider - Max Bemis (Say Anything)
  • Princess Anhura - Greta Salpeter (The Hush Sound)
  • Pallis - Brendon Urie (Panic At The Disco)
  • King Malka - Nic Newsham (Gatsbys American Dream)
  • Doctor Dumaya - Shawn Harris (The Matches)
  • Nidria - Lizzie Huffman (Man in the Blue Van)
  • Adakias - Thomas Dutton (Forgive Durden)
  • Ahrima - Thomas Dutton (Forgive Durden)
Everyone should go check it out at the ALBUM WEBSITE. There, you can see illustrations of the characters and hear clips of their parts. It's really quite amazing. Also, you can pre-order Razia's Shadow for only $12 at the Fueled By Ramen Store and you get the special edition, with the script in everything. I've pre-ordered mine, and I'm very excited. The first single, Life Is Looking Up, is also available wherever you get music from. It's really cool, and I may or may not be listening to it right now...

Well, I think I've advertised that enough for one day, so onto something else.

I hope I don't fail my Literary Analysis for English...I turned it in at Turnitin and it said I plagerized 8% of it without quotes from To Kill A Mockingbird. I didn't plagerize though, so this worries me. And since the school district only accepts a maximum of 3%...

School gets me down, so forget that.

Uh...REMEDY DRIVE. They're coming again! I'm pumped! October 15th, I'll see you there! Also, in much bigger news, the Plain White T's are coming to the Expo Building on the 18th of November with Meg & Dia and The Cab. IT'S HUGE! Bands suddenly like our humble, lifeless town!

More advertising. Wow. I should look into being a telemarketer...

What is Melanie listening to right now?:
Belong With You - Remedy Drive

P.S. Anberlin's new album, New Surrender rocks!

No comments: