Tuesday, December 23, 2008

For all I thought I’d ever need, it's hard to face the holidays without.

Ahh...Christmas break. Two weeks of FREEDOM. No more homework, crazy teachers, studying, semester tests, failures or stress for TWO WEEKS. It feels so nice. Last year around this time I really got down in the dumps. I don't know what it was, just the feeling of doing nothing I suppose, but not this year! I don't know what happened to me because this is amazing. Then again, it's only fourth day of break. But, thinking of school for the first time, I'll post you my semester grades and next semester schedule...

GRADES

- Geometry: 92.89% A
- Spanish I: 95.76% A
- Chemistry: 88.57% B (STUPID CHEMISTRY! I'm not complaining, though. I'm glad I passed with something better than a D.)
- Psychology: 98.02% A
- Acc. English II: 94.53% A
- Mod. Civilization: 97.79% A

SEMESTER TWO

1 - Spanish I w/ Oros
2 - World Geo. I w/ Pooley
3 - Chemistry w/ Bechard
4 - Geometry w/ Wilson
5A - Lunch
5B - Study w/ Powell
6 - Acc. English II w/ Klawonn
7 - Psychology II w/ Aukerman

Overall, I'm quite happy with both, especially with my next semester schedule. I was going to have a hard time letting go of my classes, especially Modern Civilization and Psychology. But alas! My schedule change went through and I got into Psych II and have World Geography I with Mr. Pooley. I was ecstatic. And I found that out on my birthday. Some things just work out so nicely. But please post comments! Tell me if you have any classes with me!

Speaking of my birthday...I'm 16 now! And my mom already wants me to get a real job...and I've been 16 for less than a week. Some of my family decided to come to the party on the day of my birthday. It was kind of a disappointment, but I don't expect much more from the Dumdei family. Then, on Sunday I had my party with my friends. The original plan was to go sledding, but I didn't think anyone wanted instant hypothermia in the -35 below zero weather. So, we played board games and hide and go seek and sardines and had a great time.

Well, just because I'm on break doesn't mean I have to do chores, so more later.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: Starving Your Friends - Envy On The Coast

1 comment:

[lissa] said...

maybe we'll have chemistry together... that'd be a break.