Thursday, February 5, 2009

this is my town, THIS IS MY PRIDE, these are my friends, this is my life

Well if you need to know anything about cloning in the next several days I'm the one to ask, apparently. I just finished a three-and-a-half page essay about the godawful subject. Grace and I coauthored the lovely paper, and I'd say it's pretty good myself. If you'd like to read it, just ask. I'd love to give you a copy. And anyone can feel free to hop on MSN and proof-read it. It's only a huge chunk of my grade... And my mother is off to Arizona, so she's not here to comb through it. Yeah, you did read that right. Not only did my parents leave me and my sister home alone two weekends ago to go to Minneapolis without me, but now my mom has jumped on a plane headed to Arizona to celebrate her parent's fiftieth anniversary. Life's rough, I know. But a weight is off my shoulders now that this essay's done. I extremely dislike English papers.

In other news, it was GORGEOUS outside today. Obviously warm enough to launch a hot-air balloon, because I saw one on my way home from school today. Bizarre, I know. You don't need to tell me. Sure, it was wonderful at fifty degrees at ground level, but up in the air? Most likely not. There's probably an icicle-encrusted hot-air balloon laying about the city somewhere with a dead body falling out of the basket. Or maybe I've been watching too much Supernatural.

Well there's your first February update! I figured you wanted one, but that's about all I got.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: Pages - There For Tomorrow
P.S. Despite popular belief, there's still four more days to endure before the five day break. FRICK!
P.P.S. Our power went out today when I sat down to write the English essay today. DOUBLE FRICK!
P.P.P.S. I have noticed that no one is attempting my lovely contest. It can't be that hard, people! Not even one comment! FRICK YOU!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh melly, you make me giggle. I saw the balloon too and thought the exact same thing. Well, minus the dead body part...
Anyway, enjoy your abandonment?