Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Place In Time

This is me writing a speech *wink.* I really underestimated the sadness of Across the Universe. I watched it right after I got it yesterday and was near tears many times. Or maybe I just got wimpier since last seeing it. Who knows! I found this amazing website when I was "researching" for my speech. If you ever get bored, I'm sure you could entertain yourself for awhile HERE. I also found this guy on YouTube who gives tutorials on how to play songs on the piano. I learned a few...



That IS me playing that. Not that it's much. Very easy, and you could learn that from the YouTube guy easily even if you didn't play piano. But it made me feel real accomplished. And I also wanted to see what would happen when I attempted to upload a video...and it's taking forever. 9M/41M. Pfft.
I also learned Clocks by Coldplay and Mad World by Gary Jules. Or at least very small parts of them. And of course my Lying Is the Most Fun from Denver. Most coolest of ALL! ...12M/41M...

We haven't read out of Romeo and Juliet, so I have no dirty Elizabethan-Era comments for you. Speaking of that, there's another essay I need to write...

What is Melanie listening to right now?: Can't Stop the Killer - Emery

2 comments:

[lissa] said...

that's pretty freakin' amazing mel! <3 i'll have to show ron... it made me want to go out and buy a piano tho, can't wait till mom hears that...

Melanie said...

wow...i'm glad someone appreciates me. pfft. jk. it's not even that great. but i bet it makes you want to know what i can do with three hands *wink*