Sunday, March 16, 2008

Welcome To the Gun Show

SO much to talk about. It's unbelievable. I never have things to blog about...well my day has come. To start off with, I just got an E-Mail in regards to my Fueled By Ramen package, and it has started shipment! YAYAYAYAY! PRETTY. ODD.! Also, I can take on 17 five-year-olds in a fight. And not that you noticed, I just took a 2-hour break between the last sentence and this to watch The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream. I predicted the whole thing, seeing as all the Cutting Edge movies are exactly the same. But ya gotta love 'em. #2's still my fave.

On Friday, Kaitlyn, Alissa and I went to Alissa's church for a concert of the Christian kind. What I want to know is how we ended up with hardcore, pig-squealing screamo for all 3/5 of the acts. Oh, well. Five bands for $2 is a pretty good deal in my mind. The first one and the last one were good, whereas the middle three, not so much...we sat out. And tried to decipher what exactly they were saying. Or screaming. "The rats ate the radio?" I also happened to get hit with EVERYTHING while we were there. Fat screamo guy throws water bottle? Hits Melanie. Fat screamo guy runs into crowd? Melanie gets covered in sweat, and promptly wipes it on Alissa. Nihilio's drummer (Pete) throws drumstick into crowd? Melanie gets hit in the shin with said drumstick. That last one wasn't so bad, seeing as I wanted a drumstick...especially from the band I really liked. We bought their merch (thanks Lissa's mom!), and you should see me in a nice robot shirt tomorrow. We also got to meet the band members. Justin got a nosebleed and thought he had a Hot Topic tag on him (we know where he gets his shirts), Ryan sang us Moulin Rouge since we didn't want to smack him in the belly for buying our t-shirts... Ask about it sometime if you want more details. I'm tired of typing it all.

So, Kaitlyn and Alissa spent the night, and we organized Pokemon cards, played hide-and-go-seek, listened to the EP we bought the night before, and, oh yeah, extinguished the flaming corndog my sister put in the microwave...for 10 minutes. Our microwave was billowing smoke when we walked into the kitchen, and our house still smells awful, even though my mom Pine-Sol'ed the walls. What scares me is that our fire alarms didn't go off, even though it was hard to breathe through the clouds of noxious honey-battered frank smoke. Not to mention the paper towel and styrofoam plate, a.k.a. fuel for 'da flame.

Well that's about it. Turns out it wasn't much, but it took up a lot of space!

What is Melanie listening to right now?: The Interview - AFI
P.S. I hear Who's too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RAPIDASH!