Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Life And Freakin' Times


Well, after being jipped of my All Time Low concert and taken to freakin' Disney World, this just had to happen. The time some decent bands come to Sioux Falls for an event not related to LifeLight, the only band I go to see cancels. I don't blame The Cab. They haven't said anything as far as I know, but bands only cancel if something bad happens, such as an illness, injury or van breakdown, etc. How would they make money otherwise? It's not their fault, it's just my luck.

Life is not looking up, especially after this little incident. After missing a week of school, my grades are suffering. I only have A's in Spanish and Psychology, my easy classes. Everything else is not good. B's in Geometry and English, a D in Chemistry and I am failing Modern Civilization. Seeing as I usually keep straight A's, this is not a good ordeal. My parents get pissed if I have B's, and midterms are coming home this week. Chemistry I completely don't understand, I wouldn't be surprised if that grade just sank lower and lower. Mr. Bechard is frustrating, and he doesn't really teach ANYTHING. We have a multitude of homework today, that I haven't completed due to my lack of understanding of ANY of it. Modern Civ, I'm not worried about, which sound odd. But, I just missed a test and Mr. Pooley entered the grade and mine is listed as missing. I intend to make that up tomorrow afternoon, and then I will have at least a B. I'm fine in that category. After the stupid English project is over, I won't be so stressed over that. There's no hope for Chemistry, but all I can do is pray that I understand it eventually.

We're studying stress in Psych these days, and I can't help but think of myself. Mr. Aukerman even found some stress tests specifically for me. I didn't take them, but the message was clear. It's not just me feeling I'm stressed out. It's obviously noticable. I don't seem to sleep enough every night, I always feel exhausted and brain-dead during school. That mindless feeling does not help me concentrate in the least bit, and I wonder why I'm bombing things and getting bad grades in classes.

Oh, yeah. I missed a freakin' week for the Happiest Place On Earth. Looking back, it wasn't magical. It only caused pain now.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: The Unwinding Cable Car - Anberlin
P.S. I'll post some Disney World pics on Facebook eventually. After I get out of this hellhole.
P.S.S.
3 days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Melly. You're a smart kid though so I'm sure you'll be fine. And Disney World is a magical place. You just have to let it sink in. And I'd be happy to go with your family on the next Disney World trip... I just got a sweater for my birthday.

Melanie said...

yeah, that's just like what my dad said. but it's not smarts, it's TIME. time and understanding i don't have. and yeah, i still feel like a prick for complaining about wdw. it was fun i guess, but it's just more of a hassle than it was fun right now.

i wish i had just got a sweater...