Thursday, January 1, 2009

(of 2008)

Wow, I never realized how lame my blog was until now. I was just reading old blog posts from about a year ago and...just...WOW. They inflicted physical pain on me from my lameness. I really hope I'm not slowly killing you with these awful posts. But, upon reading the little gems, I found THIS. I may be lame, but goodness I do I have style. Shall I do another one? I think it might be pretty hard. I don't really remember much from this past year. Oh well, I will try. (Oh, and you may notice under the "Next Best Things of 2008" I listed We The Kings and All Time Low, so let me just say I SOOOOO FREAKING CALLED THAT!!!! All Time Low was just named the band of the year for 2008 in AP and both exploded in 2008. So props to Melanie for being a freakin' genius).

My Favorite Albums of 2008:
in no particular order
  1. Lost In The Sound Of Separation - Underoath
  2. Pretty. Odd. - Panic At The Disco
  3. There For Tomorrow - EP - There For Tomorrow
  4. Folie à Deux - Fall Out Boy
  5. Greetings From... - EP - A Rocket To The Moon
  6. Daylight Is Coming - Remedy Drive
  7. Razia's Shadow: A Musical - Forgive Durden
  8. The Yippee EP - Nevershoutnever!
  9. Dance Or Die - Family Force 5
  10. New Surrender - Anberlin
  11. The Glass Passenger - Jack's Mannequin
  12. Underdog Alma Mater - Forever The Sickest Kids
  13. Whisper War - The Cab
  14. When The World Comes Down - All-American Rejects
  15. Viva La Vida And Death And All His Friends - Coldplay

Most Disappointing Albums of 2008:
in no particular order
  1. Fast Times At Barrington High - The Academy Is...
  2. The Moment - Framing Hanley
  3. Come Around - Sing It Loud
  4. Rotation - Cute Is What We Aim For
  5. No Gift To Bring - EP - The Almost

My Favorite Songs in 2008:
note: some of these songs did not come out in 2008, but I discovered them in the year.
in no particular order
  1. Too Bright To See Too Loud To Hear - Underoath
  2. Mirrors - Envy On The Coast
  3. That 70's Song - The Cab
  4. Map Of The Problematique - Muse
  5. Vegas - All Time Low
  6. Pages - There For Tomorrow
  7. Smelyalata - Nevershoutnever!
  8. Fever - Family Force 5
  9. Captives Come Home - Run Kid Run
  10. Behind The Sea - Panic At The Disco

Best Singles of 2008:
in no particular order
  1. I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
  2. I Don't Care - Fall Out Boy
  3. Viva La Vida - Coldplay
  4. Gives You Hell - All-American Rejects
  5. Whoa Oh! (Me Vs. Everyone) - Forever The Sickest Kids

Worst Singles of 2008:
in no particular order
  1. Burnin' Up - Jonas Brothers
  2. Lollipop - Lil Wayne
  3. I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry
  4. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
  5. Feel Good Drag - Anberlin

Best New Band of 2008:

Nevershoutnever!

The Next Big Things of 2009:

I really don't know what to predict for this, a lot of bands are really good and amazing and stuff, but I just can't think of anyone memorable and great enough to go big in '09. And I don't want to be put to shame if my predictions fail, since last year's were so great. Sorry. I'd like to make a shout out to 3OH!3, Nevershoutnever! and Family Force 5, though. I hope you guys make it.

Most Anticipated for 2009:
  1. All Time Low
  2. 30 Seconds To Mars (second year in a row, way to procrastinate, boys...)
  3. Envy On The Coast

Since you people didn't do it last year, I INSIST you make a list like this of your own. I worked hard on mine and I hope you people appreciate all that I do for you. Things like this also entertain me and I'm an evil dictator, so sue me. Just do it.

What is Melanie listening to right now?: Everything We Had - The Academy Is...

No comments: